Wednesday, November 11, 2009

book signing!

went to see PW at her book signing.  it was lots of fun.  Lainie and i got in line about 5:15 (even though we were in DESPERATE need of a glass of wine) because it started at 6:30 and there were lots of people already there and we weren't sure how many people would be there.  anyway we chose to just stand there and wait it out.  THANK GOD WE DIDN'T GET OUT OF THE LINE.  the line lasted 5 hours!!!!

in line we met a couple of gals (Lynette and Karen) and had fun visiting with them.  Lynette has a blog and you should check it out!  she too lives in the country and she homeschools her cute 8 1/2 year old son.  check out her blog here.  she was very sweet to take pictures and send them to me so that i could have pics for my blog.

we waited one hour for our turn but PW sat there for 5 hours and so graciously spoke to everyone for a bit and signed the cookbooks with a personal message.  i had 7!  she even asked who each person was and then she personalized each signature.  LUV HER!!

so, here's how my second meeting with PW went down:

Lainie and i walked up to the table.
i pushed Lainie in front of me and peeked around her!
then PW said, "hey, I know you!"
i died.
then i said something like, "well we have met before." and she said, "where?"  i told her that we had met her at the Range Round Up Rodeo.  she said she never forgets a face!!


**note.....i had my eye liner permanently done 2 hours before this picture and my hair was not dirty!

then Lainie asked all sorts of brilliant questions and i just smiled and bobbed my head all goofy like...again.




Lainie asked why MM took so long to call. he had a girlfriend.  he waited to call until after they broke up. she then asked PW when she was finishing their love story and she said...soon.  but we'll have to buy the book.  i'm buyin!

i told her that MY MAN is sure she has a crush on him and she said it was true.  she signed MY BOOK and it said, "To MY MAN, Thinking of you every day!"  then there were lots of hearts and her signature!  the good news is that later in the evening MM signed my book too.

right above the picture of his...tail in chaps!!  it say's. "the end."

the cookbook is fabulous!

so far i have had the Olive Cheese Bread, Rosemary Garlic Potatoes, and the Flat Apple Pie.  all yummy and last night i made the Potato - Leek Pizza!!



make it soooooon!  what?  you don't have the book yet...for shame!!

there will be another book signing on Tuesday, December 15th at the Barnes and Noble on May Ave.

sadly, i can't go BECAUSE she might call the law on me for stalking her since she already remembered me!  hmmmmmm......i wonder what i would look like as a brunette? 

just a thought!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Alison for the kind words and the link to my blout doubt I will,g! Glad you liked the pictures. I'm so glad I could do it for you. I would have DIED if I hadn't had my camera that night! I didn't know about the B&N sigining...I would like to see her again, too. Doubt I will go, though. Have a good week end!!

    ReplyDelete