Sunday, October 25, 2009

a man with a plan...

today i slept in BUT when i woke up

my man had a plan and i had no other option but to get up and just go along with it.

but here's the deal...

in the beginning i was a trying (but not on pupose) to be a big monkey wrench in his plan.

of course i worked BUT lemme tell ya....i did lots of complainin'

"my ears hurt!  i can't work in the wind.  i have an ear infection.  everytime i am in the wind my ears hurt.  oh, man.  my back is killin me.  you know my hip has been killin me.  i have been nursing my hip and now i am in lots of pain.  i need some ibuprophen and a FIORCET!" 


o i said more, but THAT was the jist.

anyway i knew that there wasn't a thing i could do to get out of it so, in the words of Roger Miller, i just knuckled down, and buckled down so i could do it , do it, do it.....and fast.  I WANTED TO GET IT OVER WITH.

ps...he said it would take an hour or two and it took all day.

so finally i shut up and got after taking down the old orange panels and helped MY MAN whenever he needed a hand.


when it started looking like we were getting "down to the short rows" we needed to run home to get the bolt cutters to remove a section of the fence. 

at that point MY GIRL and i hatched a plan for a picnic.  MY MAN thought we should just grab a bite to eat at home but he got overrulled by the girls 2-1.



we ran home and grabbed a blanket, cutters and a ice chest.  stopped at the store for some freshly made bologna sandwiches, A&W root beers, chips and some candy.


we made it back to the farm and layed out the blanket and had the best picnic...EVER and My Man loved it.



i said, "wow, we have a great life!"  My Man and My Lil Girl agreed.  ALL WAS RIGHT IN OUR WORLD!!! 

it's funny what a picnic with the ones you love the most can do for your attitude.

we finished our job....mostly.



and it looked great and it will help us catch the calves....A LOT EASIER!!!


a few things crossed my mind today...

hard work is good for you.
i love watching My Man work.



food tastes better when eaten outside.
fall is my favorite season.
my daughter is perfect in EVERY way.



i love candy.



i love the country.



i love my lil family
my boots are so comfortable.
the acorns my lil girl found will look great in a hurricane vase.
TODAY WAS A PERFECT DAY.



No comments:

Post a Comment