Monday, October 26, 2009

me and ree....like peas and carrots!



a brief history of me and ree....i mean PW, i mean PDiddy,  i mean PDub, i mean http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/

cousin renee (from TN) told me about her.

i ignored her.

she told me about her again and i was like, "whatever renee....i don't have time to read a stinkin blog about a girl who lives in the country."

''hello, i live in the country!  i know all about it.  what could i possibly find interesting about a girl in Oklahoma who lives in the country?''

anywho, i am easily peer pressured so i began reading it and i fell in love.  i fell in love with her humor, her retarded brother (again, her words not mine) and her dog Charlie.

i read (From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels) how this city girl, ex-ballerina, orthopedic surgeon's daughter, country club member, USC graduate came back to Oklahoma for a pit stop at her parents while she planned and began to execute her plan to move to Chicago to attend Law School.  Then one fateful night she walked into a bar and met her future husband.  a cowboy.

*note....many great loves stories come from couples who met in a bar.  i too walked into a bar in OKC and met my future husband.  (seee....me and ree...like peas and carrots)

who doesn't love a good love story?  i do!  and if you do....you should take the time to go read the love story of Ree (she and me are on a first name basis...in my world) and her Marlboro Man.

you'll enjoy the story if you take the time to read it. i read the story to My Man on a long trip to TX and he fell in love with her and he's pretty certain that she has a serious crush on him since we met her not long ago at the Range Round-Up Rodeo. Marlboro Man better watch out!!

here's how that went down:

i was looking around all wide eyed! 

i was in full on stalker mode!
 
i couldn't concentrate on what My Man was saying and i couldn't be bothered by My Girl's need for food.

i was on a mission to get a glimpse of my new "friend." 

then all of the sudden, coming down the ramp with two of her punks, there she was! 
(i was singing in my head, "isn't she lovely, isn't she wonderful.  all stevie wonder like)

i was like uhhhhhhhgh GASP and then for NO REASON AT ALL...i turned my head and covered my face! 

yah, i know i was actin crazy.  she didn't and couldn't recognize me so no need for the crazy histronics but i just got a case of the nerves or something. AND i was thinking, "just don't turn around and stare, she's right behind you!"  then i heard My Man say, "Ree, you better be careful!  you are just about to be stalked!"  i couldn't believe my earlobes!  i couldn't believe my quiet, reserved, vanilla lovin guy was talkin to her and about me.  he told her WE (i love this man) were fans of her blog and we chatted for a bit.  ACTUALLY they chatted and i just bobbed my head up and down and smiled a bunch like a big goof!!!!! 

for the rest of the night i stared at her from across the arena and took a few pictures of her Ranch Crew, Kids, Marlboro Man and her.  i was in full on stalker mode again and i couldn't believe that meeting some gal from OK that writes a blog would make me feel so silly! 







anyway....she's starting her book tour today in Tulsa and then she's headed to The Full Circle Bookstore in OKC on Thursday at 6:30 to sign her brand new cookbooks.

i'll be there with Laini (my sister-n-law's sister-n-law).  i told her about PW and she too has the need to get a cookbook with a signature.  we are going to meet for dinner and plan the best way to stalk Ree at her book signing.

i will let you know how it goes.  in the meantime, go check out her website.





1 comment:

  1. I found you! I'm sure there are a couple other girls that think I'm a crazy woman stalking YOU! I couldn't find you but googled and came up with a couple of blogs you read...anyway....
    I met you at the book signing last night and I have pictures to send you. PLease send me your email address! lynettesideas@yahoo.com I will send the pictures to you. I'm Lynette..www.lynettesideas.com
    Did you have a blast last night?? I did, it was great to meet you also...tell Laini, too!

    ReplyDelete