Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"alison...your life is not typical...what we did yesterday is not typical."


how did i get here?  i said i wouldn't be here!  i already said that i said that i wouldn't be telling people all about my life but it seems that it was a natural progression.  several months ago my cousin Renee told me about the pioneer woman.  i wasn't really interested but then she was talking about how this girl, Ree, was married to a cowboy and how wonderful her recipes were and how she lives in Oklahoma!  it took me a while, but i did go look and do you know what i did?  i feel in love.  i fell in love with her humor, her dog Charlie and her retarded brother (her words not mine). i told all of my friends and made them read all about my new friend PW.  i MADE my Katie read it.  i turned on her computer and MADE her read!  seriously, i held a banana to her head (not really).  she too fell in love and was inspired to create her own blog.  She said i should start a blog myself and i said, "really?  what the heck would I write about?" she said i need should write about the things that are important to me. she said to have a purpose (ha) and write about it.  i gave it some thought and thought, "why the heck not?"  all in one day we had the conversation and alisnwonderland was started! 
the next day, i was so happy to tell her what i had done.  she read it and said she LOVED it.  she said that my page should be whimsical and i said, "i am not sure how my life will look in "whimsical."  i am trying to figure out how the things that happen in my life will be displayed in a blog.  i am a farm girl.  i (along with my husband and daughter) raise a few beef cows.  we have 3 chickens (children) and i cant wait to tell stories about them!!

Katie said today, "alison...your life is not typical....what we did yesterday is not typical."  we helped Kevin take our bulls off of our momma cows so that the bulls can always do their business in a set breeding season!!  IT'S JUST WHAT YOU DO, and depending on who you are......it may be typical.  if it is not then i cant wait to share some of our lil ranching stories.  sometimes you'll learn something and sometimes you with just plain say, "YUCK!"   To my new blogging friend PW this is typical, but what is not typical is how all in a few months...i read my first blog, met the blogger herself (story to come) and started my own.  Here we go.......

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I like your frame of mind, in that you are not trying to run a marathon tomorrow.. taking it slow and easy.
    "Just put one foot in front of the other"
    Best wishes in your new goal.
    You are inspiring me as well!
    love
    Mis (weekend warrior)

    ReplyDelete