Wednesday, September 9, 2009

my body is NOT a wonderland!!

who can resist the sweet, sweet sound of John Mayer's voice and his MAD guitar skills?  raise your hand!  anyone?  anyone?  i didn't think so.  today i was thinking about lunch, my blog and lunch and this song, "your body is a wonderland" popped into my head and it made me think!  hmmmmmmm...not mine.  and isn't it funny (or sad) how we just make so many excuses for ourselves?  i have have birthed a child, i have a job, i have to cook dinner, i am tired, i have a hurt hip, i just like to cook and eat!!!  i have said them all and usually all in one day. BUT i am putting a stop to all the nonsense.  it's over rover. i am a woman on a mission to get healthy and to stay healthy. i am not talking about the lbs. (but i better loose some) i am talking about doing something and sticking with it. i am talking about pounding the pavement (ok gravel) rain or shine.  tonight i ran in the rain and it was amazing!!!  it takes such little time and i always feel better about my myself...minus horizonal stripes!!



over Labor Day weekend we had company in town.  ok not really company....family.  those PYT's got me all motivated to get moving. i actually said, "i can't run because of my hip!"  oh my gosh i felt old!!  then i strapped on my IPOD shuffle and started running....ok jogging. and it was the first time i had ran anywhere other than to the fridge since April when i managed to run....ok jog a 5K.  
my girl Katie is training for a marathon.  first a half and then a full.  my girl Kehley broke her foot recently and she's already back to running and exercising. my girl Maci is 5 and she can almost run a mile.  my hunk of husband is running 4 miles and he's...old(and hot)!!  haha.  so from this point on....i will post my miles.  i will not EVER be a runner.  i like my 1 mile.  i plan on getting up to 2 miles but i am not in any hurry.  this is IN NO WAY A RUNNING BLOG.  it's just a way to keep me honest.  so please, feel free to REMIND me. 
 
i think i will add that song to my IPOD now.......

1 comment:

  1. girl you are one hot momma! but i totally get you on the whole staying healthy......
    ok im going to make some low fat apple dumpling with two stick of butter

    ReplyDelete